Doctor Oz, 1/19/2018, has a new list of healthy foods that he says will help a person lose weight, be healthier, and happier in the new year. Oz has always recommended we eat healthy fats found in avocados but now he says avocado oil is sweeping the industry. Can this healthy oil really help eliminate belly fat? Oz has said before that healthy fats can be a good aid in eliminating stubborn belly fat. Kellyann Petrucci says that this new oil is processed from the fruit itself and not the seed. This means it has all the benefits of eating an avocado in a new and easy way to add to any dish.
Avocado Oil Benefits
Kellyann Petrucci says avocado oil is loaded with mono unsaturated and oleic fatty acids. Both of these have been proven to reduce stubborn belly fat. Oz adds that this heart healthy oil is high in vitamins A, D, and E and it can boost the nutritional value of the foods we already eat. Oz also says that drizzling just a little over any dish allows the body to absorb 15 times more carotenoids from the food we eat.
Chef Roblé Ali comes on as Oz knows that any additive needs to taste good if people are going to use it. Roblé says this is a light oil and it can be used in both cold and hot applications. You can use it to saute’ or mix it with vinegar to make a great dressing or marinade. Oz asks if this is being adopted by the mainstream cooking industry and Roblé says it is catching on like fire.
14 Ways to Use Avocado Oil
- Substitute this for olive oil when roasting rot veggies like sweet potatoes.
- Brush this on any veggie before grilling.
- Make a salad dressing with avocado oil and your favorite vinegar.
- Use as a marinade by adding favorite spices.
- Pair it with favorite herbs like flaked red pepper for a great dip.
- Drizzle over dishes to use as a garnish.
- Use to fry favorite foods with less guilt.
- Saute lean meats and fish.
- Use in favorite sponge cake recipes.
- Make home made tomato sauce for pizza or spaghetti.
- Make healthy mayonnaise.
- Add a little to favorite smoothie recipes.
- Add to favorite soup recipes.
- Use it to bake kale or other healthy chips.
The possibilities are limitless and Oz says this should be a staple in everyone’s pantry this year.
Photo courtesy of Dr. Oz