Dr. Oz, 4/20/2018 is all about fighting cravings and healthy substitutes for sugar in our diets. We all know Oz has talked about the dangers of sugar. Every failed dieter knows that cravings can overcome the best will power and sabotage a diet. Today, Oz has 6 healthy foods he says will shut down cravings and keep your diet on track. This will allow anyone to stick with their weight loss plan and finally realize their slimmer and healthier selves. Oz has said before that most dieters fail because they just can’t resist the body’s urges and give in to cravings. Hopefully these suggestions will help more people rach their weight loss goals.
6 Foods that Fight Cravings
- Chocolate Cravings can hit anytime. Oz says this could be caused by magnesium deficiency, menstrual cycle times and just for no reason at all. The best ways to fend off a chocolate craving is with seeds, beans, nuts, or fruit. He adds that if those don’t work to try eating a small amount of healthy dark chocolate covered nuts.
- Candy Cravings are the downfall of many dieters. Oz says to combat these a person should eat sea veggies like seaweed as they contain nutrients that the body needs to fight a sweet tooth. Also, he says we can try a cup of green tea with stevia as this will take longer to drink and the craving will pass. Green tea also has the ability to rev up the metabolism.
- Pasta cravings can be rooted in a person with a chromium deficiency. Oz says to fight this a person needs to eat more onions, apples, and tomatoes. Oz says we can also make sweet potato fries for instant carb satisfaction. Just slic sweet potatoes into wedges, baste with olive oil and a little seasoning and bake until crispy.
- Potato Chip cravings are linked to a desire for salt. These types of cravings can be stress related so Oz recommends meditation along with healthy alternatives like sweet potato chips or kale chips.
- Cheese cravings are linked to fatty acid deficiencies. Oz says the best way to fight them is with celery stick with some kind of nut butter or a green salad with almonds as a topping.
- Cigarette cravings can be intense for those who have just quit smoking. Oz says before you light up, stop and eat an orange as vitamin C has been proven to reduce these cravings. Oz also says eating healthy carbs and fresh fruits will help anyone kick the habit.
Next Oz talks about healthy ways to substitute sugar out of your diet. We get a list of healthy alternatives to kill the sweet cravings without busting the belly. You can get the full list of sugar substitutes from our previous recap.
Photo courtesy of Dr. Oz