Doctor Oz, June 4, 2018, is all about getting rid of that annoying bulge around our midsection and Dr. Kellyann Petrucci shares her new 10 day plan to blast away belly fat. Oz has talked before about the dangers of Omentum fat and how we can shrink it. Oz says the only real long term solutions for weight loss are lifestyle changes that will keep the bulge away for good. So how can a 10 day plan really be effective at shrinking our tummies? Oz has shared Green Tea Lemonade and Forskolin in the past to fight that nasty build up around the mid section.
10 Day Belly Slimdown Plan
Kellyann says a few key foods she calls “slim-gestion” foods will help heal the gut, get rid of bloat, and shrink belly fat. These are incorporated into the 5 Step Plan. Here are the steps:
- Drink Bone Broth for Breakfast. Starting the day off gets the body into the “broth burning phase” where a person burns fat at the start of the day. She recommends making your own but sotre bought broth is fine as long as it is free of sugars and artificial ingredients.
- Eat “Slim-Gestion” Foods for Lunch and Dinner. Slim gestion foods are made up of non starchy veggies. Kellyann says we need to incorporate the bulk of our last 2 meals with these.
- Stock Up on “Belly-Blasting” Foods. Oz agrees foods like creamed coconut, avocado mayo, and egg white powder help to lower insulin levels and inflammation in the body. These foods also help to normalize leptin levels. Leptin is the hormone that tell the body it is hungry. Keeping these levels normal helps curb overeating.
- Eat Within a 7-Hour Window. Studies have shown eating within a small portion of the day helps boost the metabolism. It can even help to steady sleep patterns so a person gets more rest. Kellyann says to limit the eating window to just 7 hours a day. This will train the body to burn fat, reduce stress, and steady food intake.
- Eliminate “Belly Bloater” Foods. Beans, Artificial Sweeteners, Alcohol, Sugar, Soft Drinks, High Sugar Fruits, Dairy, and Gluten can all cause gas, bloating, and inflammation. Kellyann says cutting these food out for 10 days will allow the body to heal itself and reset the gut.
Oz says this diet will not remove all the belly fat from most people. He says it is a good start and getting used to living without the Belly Bloater foods will go a long way in finally defeating the battle of the bulge around your mid section.
Photo courtesy of Dr. Oz