Doctor Oz, June 6, 2018, focuses on the health benefits of ginger in a discussion on how this natural, flavorful additive can help a person lose weight and fight disease. Ginger has been believed to offer pain and health benefits for centuries. Studies at the University of Miami showed this herb could replace NSAID pain relievers with fewer side effects. A University of Georgia study also showed the a few tablespoons of ground ginger can relieve muscle pain caused by excessive exercise. Dr. Oz shows us 9 ways ginger can make a person healthier.
9 Benefits of Ginger
- Cancer – several studies have shown ginger can fight cancer development in organs and the bowel. Oz says this is promising as the herb has been shown to prevent tumor growth.
- Cholesterol – Oz says ginger has been proven to reduce LDL cholesterol. Oz says studies have shown ginger capsules reduced Triglycerides and LDL cholesterol in patients.
- Sore Muscles – Studies show that daily consumption of heat treated or raw ginger showed moderate reductions in pain from exercise.
- PMS – Oz says patients who consumed ginger powder during the first few days of the monthly cycle showed significant reductions in cramping and pain.
- Migraines – Oz points to a study where patients were given ginger or a migraine pin reliever. All patients reduced migraine pain. He adds this shows ginger could be effective as a treatment with fewer side effects of normal drugs.
- Blood Sugar – Studies show that people with type 2 diabetes showed significant reductions in fasting sugar levels when taking ginger powder.
- Bloating – Sipping ginger tea helps the bowels get rid of extra gas and calming the intestines.
- Inflammation – With more and more studies showing ginger has a lot of the same ain relieving properties as NSAIDS, Oz says this could be a natural way to relieve Arthritis.
- Nausea – Ginger has been proven to reduce nausea in women during the first months of pregnancy. Oz adds that one study showed is also helped patients undergoing chemotherapy.