Today, 5/26/2018, Dr. Oz gives us another way to lose weight when we have tried diets and failed. Some of us just like to eat. We feel we have to eat 3 meals [at least] at day or we will just simply die. Well, Oz gives us that option but we have to choose wisely. We can actually eat these foods that burn fat in our bodies; and, lose weight in the process.
Depending on the weight loss plan you’re following, you may have sworn off a number of foods for a variety of reasons — perhaps they don’t fit into the diet our cavemen ancestors ate, your friend told you that she read a certain food is terrible for you, or some celebrity said she effortlessly dropped her baby weight by cutting this one food out of her diet. Whatever your reason for eliminating certain foods from your daily diet, we’re sharing science-supported wholesome foods to put back into your eating plan.
10 best fat-burning foods:
- Lime. Add a squeeze of this tart citrus in your water. Or, try it on top of salads or yogurt. Lime is also a great addition to smoothies and tea, and delicious in marinades and sauces.
- Tomatoes. Tomatoes are delicious and abundant in the summer months. Slice them up and eat them on their own, or incorporate tomatoes into salads and sauces. Try a fresh roasted tomato sauce, or cook up a tomato frittata for breakfast or lunch.
- Blueberries. As well as burning fat, blueberries also make the list of cholesterol-lowering foods. Eat blueberries on their own, or try them on top of yogurt, in a blueberry-avocado protein shake, or in healthy quinoa pancakes.
- Oysters. Known as an aphrodisiac, these briny bivalves are also a great fat-burning food to add to your diet.
- Shrimp. Top your salad with shrimp or have them boiled with cocktail sauce. This fat-burning food is used in nearly every cuisine around the world. Try shrimp with angel hair pasta, artichokes, and spinach, sautéed shrimp with papaya salsa, or shrimp and veggie stir-fry.
- Cottage cheese. It’s a classic dieter’s food for good reason: cottage cheese helps to fill you up and burn fat. Start off your day with a bowl of cottage cheese. You can add pineapple or other fruits to jazz it up. Give tropical fruit and cottage cheese bowl a try!
- Greek yogurt. It’s good for your immunity, your digestive system, and weight loss. Greek yogurt will help you stay full. Have it as a snack, or use it within sauces, as a substitute for mayonnaise, or within salad dressing.
- Sriracha. This spicy condiment can be used on just about anything: sprinkle it on scrambled eggs, dash some on a peanut butter sandwich, or use it to make a dipping sauce. This addictive sauce may even help you lose weight.
- Pico de Gallo. Simple to make, this spicy salsa is the perfect accompaniment to nearly any food. Top off eggs, burgers, fish dishes, chicken, grain bowls, or beans with pico de gallo. This condiment is made up of chopped tomatoes and onions, and can also include jalapeño peppers, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic.
- Tahini. Tahini is made from sesame seeds. With a thick texture and creamy, nutty taste, the condiment is ideal for use in salad dressing.
Sticking to these foods during the hot summer months will keep you full while helping you trim that waistline.
Photo courtesy of Bing.com