Today, we are sharing the medical advice Dr. Oz gave on diminishing the deep lines and wrinkles that form on our decolletage and breasts areas. Cleavage wrinkles can give away your age in an instant. We’re going to discover how to straighten out cleavage wrinkles once and for all. No woman wants to see wrinkles between her breasts. Dr. Oz explains why these fine lines appear on your chest and offers us solutions.
Dr. Debra Jaliman who is an expert in this area says we get cleavage wrinkles because it is a breakdown of collagen and elastin tissue and it happens because of sun damage.
Dr. Oz says cleavage wrinkles happen around the age 40 and people who sleep on their side, especially woman with large breasts they rub against each other and they crease the skin between the breasts and you get these deep wrinkles.
People often don’t realize that the skin on the chest is thinner and more delicate than the skin on the face and ages far more quickly. Unless you wear turtlenecks or shirts buttoned up to the throat, you need to apply sunscreen there. This is true for everyone, but especially for post-menopausal women, whose lower estrogen levels mean thinner skin and less oil gland production.
What causes cleavage wrinkles and what to do to lessen the appearance
- Side Sleeping. Try to sleep on your back. If you can sleep with pillows on each side, this may help you avoid rolling over during the night. Also, you can invest in a breast pillow that you wear similar to a bra. The pillow provides breast support and comfortable nights’ sleep for the side, back or stomach sleepers. It also reduces discomfort caused by tender breasts.
- Tight bras. Those push-up and push-together bras are not healthy and cause wrinkles and deep crevices between your breast. The pressure makes collagen break down even faster. Wear bras that fit you naturally. Have an expert fit you when shopping for a bra.
- Tanning. This is the biggest cause of wrinkles. The sun breaks down the elastogen tissue and destroys collagen. Always wear a sunscreen and invest in a swimsuit that covers this area. The sun plays havoc on our natural skin along with causing skin cancer.
- Serum containing glycolic acid. This product will stimulate the collagen beneath the skin. Use on your decolletage and neck just like you do on your face. Follow with a deep moisturizer. You can also use an OTC Retinol Cream daily $19.99 online and drugstores. It’s very safe and very effective make sure you use it at night. Dr. Debra Jaliman says to use sunscreen every morning and retinol cream each night regularly on a nightly basis to prevent cleavage wrinkles.
- Keeping your body well-hydrated is one of the most important steps you need to take in order to minimize wrinkles on the cleavage or chest, as well as elsewhere in the body. Just keep your consumption of sugary drinks to a minimum because they can promote inflammation, something that can speed up skin aging.
Photo courtesy of Bing.com