Every year, we make personal resolutions for the New Year. They usually involve weight loss, joining a gym, making time for ourselves, and typically focused on our health. We seldom forget that a lot of our stress can come from our living conditions when unfinished tasks have snowballed. When we feel we cannot invite friends over, are apologizing for clutter to those that stop by, and find ourselves staring at unfinished projects, we can become overwhelmed. Also, a decline in the value of our biggest investment can occur. This year, let’s make all our resolutions towards improving our living quarters for peace of mind.
WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR HOME:
- De-cluttering your home. Make an appointment for at least 30 min. every day to get your home in order. Having an organized home gives you more time to do what you want to do outside the home. Get rid of stuff! Move it to the trash or donate it and not to another space.
- Plan a room renovation. Plan it out and stick to a budget. Whether it needs new flooring, new paint, or new furniture…do it! This keeps your home fresh and presentable.
- When you put away your Christmas decorations, do it in an organized fashion. Buy storage containers so that next year, it will be an easy task to decorate. Take them down and put them away right after the season is over.
- Start tackling little projects: Cleaning gutters, patching drywall, hanging those stacked pictures, tightening the toilet seat, etc.
- On your days off, don’t plan on being gone away. Stay home and get things done. You will soon find that being as dedicated to your home [as having fun] will pay off in the long run.
Remember, the way you keep your home can give you peace of mind or constant stress. A good investment return will say a lot about your future. The best part of doing this is that you will have joy in living in your nest which will become more of a haven than a headache.
Ref. MSN/money, usnews&worldreport.com
Photo courtesy of Bing via home-dzine.co.za